Sunday, June 28, 2009

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing


For Bill's birthday today, I made a carrot cake with cream cheese icing from scratch. I didn't get a picture of the cake, so here is a picture snapped while Daniel was napping and his attack dinosaur was standing guard.
*
Ingredients:
4 eggs
3/4 cups vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose baking flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup applesauce
*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour cake pans.
*
2. In mixer, beat together eggs, oil, sugars, vanilla, applesauce. In seperate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add dry mix to wet mix in mixer. Fold in carrots, pour into pan.
*
3. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.
*
4. To make frosting: In mixer, 1 stick butter, 1 block cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla and 4 cups powdered sugar - mix until frosting is desired consistancy.
*
Yummy!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are making me so incredibly hungry right now!

Zach and Beth said...

Ok, I KNEW I shouldn't have looked when I saw the title, but I did and wow, does it sound good. I could justify the cake part, but not the frosting. Bummer. Maybe when I'm about 10 lbs lighter.