Thursday, September 11, 2008

It begins...

It all comes down to this...the scale. While cleaning the bathroom today, I hopped up on our scale. After I let out a shocking gasp, I realized that today I weigh the same thing I weighed when I went in for my 20 week ultrasound when I was pregnant with my first child. At 5 ft 4 inches tall, my weight fits my frame best when I am around 125 pounds. However, today, I am 147 pounds. The number on the scale really wouldn't bother me if I didn't have the body to go with it. You know, the mommy-body. The muffin-top that ridges out over the top of my jeans. I can try to buy one of the new trendy shirts that flow out at the waiste to hide my muffin top, but all that does is make me look like I am expecting #4. No way, no how, not possible.

So here I am knowing that I need to make some changes to my diet and lifestyle. It my body looks and feels this unhealthy on the outside, what does it look like in there? If the inside of my body is full of garbage, does that hold true for my kids, too? I just can't bear the thought of filling them up on high-fat, high-sugar, and high-sodium foods. However, when I look back on my family blog and see how much eating out we do, I'm embarassed. Even tonight, we had dinner at Taco Bell just for fun.

We'll still have fun, and we'll still eat delicious foods. We are all going to change our palate a little bit and our attitude alot. Join me as I figure out how to make me a little more healthy and how to keep my kids healthy. I'm certain there will be a few stumbles along the way, but I'm even more certain that there will be huge successes, too.

Here's to tomorrow - a new day filled with learning about healthy choices and learning to implement them in our house!

4 comments:

Tina said...

I love reading about you and your family! It sounds like you guys have a great balance!

Mel said...

I just found your blog from Michelle's "Little Monkey" blog. Inspiring. I, too, am a mommy trying to lose weight and feed her family more healthy. You may be interested in my sister's food blog: http://cyndiskitchen.blogspot.com/

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

Totally am joining you on your journey! I just became a subscriber and I could learn a lot from you!

Karla Smith said...

Are you a seventh day baptist? I am karla