Monday, January 5, 2009

*sigh* New Beginnings

Well, I said I wasn't going to jump on the scale, but I did anyway. :)

I felt sorry for myself for about 3 minutes and then brushed myself off.

I'm 150 pounds. I was 155 pounds 2 weeks after my youngest was born.

But I'm not going to dwell over that anymore.

It's a new beginning today.

Now that I have friends that read this blog, I almost feel embarassed to admit that I've gained 20 pounds since arriving in Florida 7 months ago.

I took before pictures today, knowing that there will be after pictures.

I took measurements today, knowing that they will improve in two weeks.

I'm also part of the 30-day Shred challenge between Coast Guard wives. The person that loses the most inches wins a prize. As does the person that is faithful in exercising for each of the 30 days. I actually can't Shred two days in a row because it hurts my knees, so I'll Shred every other day and Pilates on my off-Shred days.

I'm slightly bummed that the holidays threw such a monkey-wrench in my great work-out routine. But I'm back now, and ready to make some changes.

Who's with me? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting the training for my 10K so I hear ya! I ate like CRAP when I was in Oregon, so I need it too.

Leah said...

I'm with ya, Mary!

Amber said...

*raises hand* I'm here!