Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Spinach Tomato Quiche

Before we left for vacation, we had some friends over for a delicious brunch. Here is the recipe for the quiche I made. I cut the slices small - 12 servings, making each slice worth 3 WW points. 4 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup half and half (fat free)
Salt and pepper
1 block of frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
2 roma tomatoes, sliced thin
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Line pie plate with crust.

3. Mix eggs, half/half, salt and pepper (I just blended it all in the blender to make it light and fluffy).

4. Line bottom of pie with tomato slices, sprinkle with spinach, pour in egg mixture, cover with cheese and add more tomato slices on top.

5. Bake 45-50 minutes.

Cut into 12 slices.

* Don't forget to cover the edges of the crust so they don't get too brown.
* I used a cheap no-name prepared pie crust from ALDI, it was very bland. I'll go with a Pillsbury next time, or I'll just have to start learning how to make my own!

No comments: