Monday, May 25, 2009

Egg burritos- make mine Buzz Lightyear!


Now that the kids are out of school for the summer and I don't have to rush out the door in the morning to sit in the drop-off lane, I've been making a warm breakfast. I forgot how good it feels to start my day with something other than a banana and a Luna bar in the minivan on my way to work.
We purchase our eggs in the 18 count boxes because of our family size. Shortly after Easter, I came across these eggs with Disney Characters already stamped on them. After checking them out, I decided to give them a try. After all, it adds fun to whoever is helping me when they get to pick the eggs.
So Daniel loved helping pick an egg for each person earlier last week when we were making egg burritos.
Ingredients:
Eggs
Shredded Cheese
Whatever chopped veggies are laying around (we usually have a bunch in the fridge)
Whole Wheat tortillas
1. Scramble eggs, in the last minute or so, toss in the chopped veggies - I like 'em to stay a bit on the crunchy side.
2. Warm tortilla for a few minutes (I just keep the toaster oven on low and pop the tortillas in and out as needed).
3. Pile in center of tortilla some scrambled egg/veggie mix, sprinkle with some cheese, wrap and enjoy!
We keep a little salsa and sour cream on the table for dipping if needed.
I really need to make some and freeze them for mornings that I need to get to work early. We also have this for BFD some nights.

1 comment: