Thursday, March 19, 2009

Modesty Help

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about modesty in our children. Especially little girls. The conversation came after I was disgusted from a shopping trip to Target to get my newly 5 year old little girl some shorts to wear this summer. All of the shorts are little short-shorts. I'm really looking for a Bermuda short type style for her. She loves to run and climb and tumble and often times in short-shorts I can see clear up her shorts to her underpants. Anyhow, the conversation swayed away from modesty in our children, to modesty as adults.

I have to admit that my pet peeve is "peeping" bra straps. Or *eek* even worse, no bra when one is really needed. I came across the Strap Perfect at Wal-greens one day last week and decided to give it a try. I have a few favorite bras that seem to creep down my shoulders after a few hours. The Strap Perfect was fantastic. I was able to wear a one of my favorite tank tops out with the kids over the weekend and my bra straps stayed put. I felt much more comfortable knowing that not everyone could see my teal colored bra - I still want to wear fun/funky underclothes (you know, keeping the whole spice alive after 10 years of marriage), but I don't really want to share my choice in underclothes with everyone that I pass by. So in that respect, I really like the Strap Perfect and recommend it if you've got some slipping shoulder straps.

4 comments:

Sambalina said...

The Strap Perfect thing sounds great. My bra straps are always falling. Probably the lack of shoulders I have.

Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

Does it work for regular shirts too? I have beefy shoulders but I can never get my bra straps to fit just right.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm SO happy to hear you say you like this. I have sloping shoulders and my straps are constantly falling down. I just got a new bra from VS with the hook in the back to make it a faux racerback, but I'd love to still be able to use my others. Going to find some while I'm in civilization.

~Beth

Mary H. said...

Yes. It totally works for regular shirts, too. I think this thing rocks!