Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cucumber-Avocado Soup

I can't remember who gave me the original recipe, but here is our tweaked version of it. While I am aware that it is October and I should be making fall-related foods, the hubby is still recovering from his colon surgery and is only eating soups. This nice cool soup is one of his favorites.

Ingredients:

1 large ripe avocado
1 1/2 c. chicken broth
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 large english cucumber
5 tbsp fresh tomato salsa
1/2 c. sour cream
garlic salt to taste

1. In food processor, combine avocado and cucumber and process until smooth.

3. Add broth, 3 tbsp salsa, lemon juice and sour cream, process until all combined.

3. Chill 2 hours. Add garlic salt to taste. I add a tbsp of salsa to the top as a garnish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yuuummmyyy!!! I am going to have to try this soup!

I love, love, love your blog name. It is so cute. It makes perfect sense. And I'd SO take it as a compliment if someone called my kids Squares:)Good job mom!

Thank you for looking at my blog. I enjoyed glimpsing yours too and will be back to read more. T~