Friday, February 6, 2009

I *heart* shopping at Ross

I've been a little slow with posting because I've been swamped with settling into a routine as a somewhat single working mother.

When my position began a few weeks ago, I was able to go to work in nice pants, a pressed button down shirt and white lab coat and some heels. However, there are some days that require me to be better dressed than others. Yesterday I attended a meeting with the executive nursing staff. I was excited to meet huge leaders in my area. I also knew the importance of the phrase "you never get a second chance to make a first impression". I rocked a smokin' black pantsuit yesterday.

I purchased the suit at Ross for under $50. The original tag was for $340. It feels and looks like a $340 suit. I also purchased a fantastic retro fit, feminine Jackie-O type red suit for wear red for Women's Health day. The original tag is $200, and the Ross price was marked down multiple times to finally come in at $34.

I'm just so glad that I can dress for my job without putting my family in a financial crunch.

1 comment:

SoggyToad said...

I'll bet it's fun to dress like a pro. It's been a LONG time since I've dressed to impress. I'm not a sweat wearing, ponytail sorta mommy... but some nice pants and a button up shirt are about it for me. :) I know my kids like my outfits though. right? I'll bet yours really do have fun seeing mommy all dressed up. Awesome deals, I love ross too.